We don’t always have everything that is going on. But as we learn them, always happy to pass them on here.
- JULY 25 Start of CPE Batch (PBTS Training Center). Dr. Paul Tabon
- JULY 25 Start of CPE Batch (Mary Johnston Hospital). Dr. Sim Dang-Awan
- AUGUST 3 Start of CPE Graduate Training Seminar at Medical City Iloilo and Western Visayas Regional Medical Center, Iloilo City. Dr. Cal Sodoy
- SEPTEMBER ____ Start of CPE Batch (Bukal Life Care Training Center). Celia Munson
- NOVEMBER 2 Start of CPE Graduate Training Seminar, Romblon Provincial Hospital, Odiongan, Romblon (Tablas Island, Philippines). Dr. Cal Sodoy
- NOVEMBER 15 Visit from Dr. Raymond Lawrence, General Secretary of CPSP (Intl)
Trainings planned for November (2015) and January (2016), as well as Certification boards. Exact days will be give more information as we learn them.
Message from Dr. Sim Dang-Awan:
On CPE Intensive Chaplaincy Training: The Rev Dr Victor S Layug, our Incumbent Chaplain at Mary Johnston Hospital, Tondo, Manila. and I will open the Intensive CPE Training program on Saturday, 25 July 2015. That is if we have 4 enrollees as minimum or seven as maximum numbe.s The sessions will be on Saturdays only and last for 13 Saturdays up to 17 October 2015. The requirements are: Meet once a week for 8 hrs for 13 weeks/ Each trainee presents a total of 10 case Studies (Verbatims) from patients/counselees / Reading assignments and didactic seminars are incorporated in the curriculum/ Weekly Group relations/ Individual Clinical Supervision sessions/ Reflections/ Journal entries/ Activity logsMidterm Evaluation – 29 Aug 15/ Final- Unit Evaluation – 10 Oct 2015/ Certificate of Completion will be given on last gradui-ation day- 17 Oct 2015. Fee for the whole unit is 15k, but we are giving an scholarship 7K each. So you will only pay 8k in full or in 3 installment arrangement with Dr Layug, who is our CPE Hospital Coordinator. Please pass the information. If by July 18, this coming Saturday, we don’t have the number of students required, we will target to hold it in The summer schedule na, that is 01 April to 30 May 2016.
We don’t always get quick updates on who has completed their trainings, but when we do, we would like to pass that along. We have received updates from Mary Johnston Hospital, and from Bukal Life Care/PBTS. Both had their graduations/commissionings on May 29, 2015.
CPE Trainees Summer 2015
(Mary Johnston Hospital, Manila)
Sunshine G. Bulet
Lamelia B. Habon
Renante Q. Halog
Dr. Sim Dang-Awan
CPE Trainees Summer 2015
(PBTS and Bukal Life Care)
Dennis P. Alida
John Mark M. Bagalan
Arturo C. Balagot
Dionelle John B. Cornate
Sr. Rufina Dubao
Meriam G. Dulay
Mariz S. Eustaquio
A. R. Fabiala
Lalaine C. Mirasol
Rebecca Ann S. Pesquera
German B. Ramboyong Jr
Celia P. Munson
Dr. Paul C. Tabon
Jehny M. Pedazo
Congratulations to Ptr. Phanuel Buac for passing his certification board for “Clinically Trained Minister” (CTM) with CPSP-PI. His board was in Baguio City, May 15, 2015. Primary board members were Dr. Sim Dang-Awan (SIT program), Jehny Pedazo (SIT program), and Cori Mariano (CC/PC).
1. Baguio. Four CPE groups are currently active.
- Bukal Life Care. Group 1. Celia Supervising. 4 for full unit. 1 for half unit. Started March 16.
- PBTS. Group 1. Doc Paul Supervising. 4 for full unit. Started March 16
- Bukal Life Care. Group 2. Jehny Supervising. 3 for half unit. Started April 8
- Bukal Life Care. Group 3. Celia Supervising. 4 for half unit. Started April 9
<Next group will be June 23rd. Saturday half unit, 9 weeks long.>
2. Vis-Min. Graduate Training Seminars. Led by Rev. Cal Sodoy.
- MARCH 23 TO MAY 1 CPE Graduate Training Seminar at Capiz Emmanuel Hospital, Roxas City
- JUNE 1 TO JULY 10 CPE Graduate Training Seminar at Brokenshire Mem. Hospital, Davao City
3. Manila (Mary Johnston Hospital). Led by Dr. Sim Dang-Awan, with Chaplain Victor Layug.
- Group started April 6.
- A Saturday Extended CPE will start July 4th.
4. No updates as of yet for CPE schedule at PCMC (Quezon City), PARC (Baguio City), and Love C Center (Ansan City, South Korea).
CPE is in full swing in several locations.
Baguio. 8 are presently training at the Bukal Center and 4 at the PBTS center.
Mary Johnston. 6 will be starting at Mary Johnston Hospital this April.
Clinical Pastoral and Spiritual Care Training Center. Several simultaneous groups are starting in various hospitals this Summer. The one in Roxas City has already started. Hope to have more info soon.
Partnership between Bukal Life Care Training Center and PBTS. An intensive course in Disaster Response for Ministers will take place at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary. May 13 pm, all day 14th and 15th, and ending 16th am. The primary instructor will be Mr. Dean Miller from Virginia Baptist Disaster Response, as well as disaster response chaplains from Bukal Life Care. The course can be taken for credit at PBTS. It can also be taken in credit and professional training for CPSP certification. Cost is P2500 for those residing on campus. For those not in need of lodging, it is P1500. Contact: email@example.com
June 23rd will start Saturday Half Unit CPE at Bukal Life Care.
Friday, March 20, starting 9AM will be the SIT Peer Support Group for Northern Philippines Region of CPSP-PI. The purpose is for professional development, and personal growth, for those involved in supervisory work in Clinical Pastoral Education.
It will be held at the office of Bukal LIfe Care, on the grounds of Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary (Baguio City).
Expected attendees are SITs from Baguio, Manila, and Korea.
CPSP-Philippines is a regionally partnered organization of the College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy. CPSP-PI provides certification and accreditation services for chaplains and pastoral care workers, as well as Clinical Pastoral Education programs.
If you have any questions, please email us on the Contact Us Page.
CPSP-Philippines was founded in Baguio City in 2011. The expansion has been slow, but it is speeding up both to the South and to the North. Starting from the South and moving North.
1. Visayas and Mindanao. CPE Supervisor Calixto Sodoy is overseeing three CPE training centers: Visayas, Mindanao, and Southern Tagalog. He is working with Supervisors-in-Training, Cris Sian and Mary Grace Labis. It is great to be working with them and are excited at the possibility of expanding pastoral care and clinical chaplaincy in these regions. They will be busy this Summer with CPE trainees. Additionally. another member is working to establish a chapter, and initiating clinical pastoral care, in Zamboanga.
2. Metro Manila. Dr. Sim Dang-Awan and Dr. Victor Layug will be leading a CPE training at Mary Johnston Hospital. This will be handled residentially at the hospital. The unit will start on April 6 and continue to July 4.
3. Baguio. The Bukal Life and PBTS Training Centers will be holding joint CPE trainings on the campus of PBTS, in conjunction with Baguio General Hospital. The SITs in charge are Celia Munson and Jehny Pedazo of the Bukal Life Training Center, and Dr. Paul Tabon of the PBTS Training Center. The full unit starts March 16th and continues for 11 weeks. The half unit starts April 8 and continues 6-7 weeks.
4. Korea. Dr. Y. Lee will be starting CPE in the Ansan City area in the next few weeks. More info as it becomes available.